Never underestimate the submersiveness of Muppets

Thursday, October 1, 2009

So I have been having alot of fun this morning with my Plurk buddies (http://www.plurk.com/PJTrenton) after sharing a YouTube link to the silly Muppet Show skit featuring the song Mah Na Mah Na. I'm not sure why I get such a kick out of this particular song/skit...but I do. Although, I get a kick out of alot of Muppet Show schtuff...that show rocks I tell ya!

So the little did I know part was shared by a fellow plurker that the song according to Wikipedia:

"Mah Nà Mah Nà debuted as part of Umiliani's soundtrack for the Italian mondo film Svezia, inferno e paradiso (Sweden: Heaven and Hell) (1968), a pseudo-documentary about wild sexual activity and other behavior in Sweden. The song accompanied a scene in the film set in a sauna. The lead part was sung by Italian singer/composer Alessandro Alessandroni. The song also appeared on the 1968 soundtrack album released for the film."

As best noted by another fellow plurker..."never underestimate how subversive the muppets really were." Perhaps this goes a long way in explaining why I like the muppets so much!

This led to another funny muppet-related post...Abandoned Muppet Film Projects.

And now...

1 comments:

Gabrielle Riel said...

I was watching Dancing with the Stars (yes I watch Dancing with the Stars :-) ) the other day with my son. One of the couples danced to The Muppet Show theme song, and they had Animal on his drum set in the balcony, and Gonzo sitting with the Judges.

My son knows the Sesame Street muppets, but not the ones from The Muppet Show. It was so fun to say to him "That's Animal and that's Gonzo."

The education of a Muppet Show newbie! It's a blast! :-)